Creativity can be defined as the use of imagination or original ideas to create something; inventiveness or a composition which is both new and valuable. How do we tap into our creativity when corporations and organization require or expect it?
Creativity is a skill. It can be learned. Workplace employers and the workplace environment can assist and promote the creative corporate culture.
Creative thinking in the workplace is in demand. We live in a competitive society and creativity improves productivity, teamwork, and innovation. Organizations receive many benefits when a creative corporate culture is implemented.
There are several techniques that once learned can assist workplace personnel to increase their creativity.
- Define creativity
- Identify the characteristics of a creative person
- Develop your creativity
- Understand the importance of creativity in the workplace
- Identify the benefits of creativity in the workplace
- Examine creative corporate cultures
- Foster creativity in the workplace
- Apply brainstorming techniques